Our client, a company specialized in the manufacturing and marketing of the widest range of custom blinds and accessories for blinds, rails and bars, needed a digital transformation of their sales process, which is carried out in two ways, one from their direct sellers ( sales people) and the other through Authorized Distributors throughout the country.
The order processing from distributors is mainly channeled through a call center. Each distributor makes phone calls attended by trained operators, in this way the specification of the blinds to be manufactured is transmitted.
The process itself is not free of errors. The errors originated in the chain of people involved in the process causes the manufacturing of blinds that do not meet the customer requirements or do not fit in the place where they will be installed, among other detractors of the final customer’s perception of the service.
Our solution based on mobile devices, had as business objectives:
● Eliminate manual errors produced in the order processing.
● Eliminate the errors produced by an inadequate combination of components and accessories
● Allow data collection at work by direct sellers and guarantee the selection of correct parts and accessories.
● Align the staff with a work methodology based on the implementation of the process in the application
● Incorporate multimedia files such as photos, to validate with the company’s architects the feasibility of the provision.
● Digitally integrate the ERP and the Order Processing System to streamline the creation of new work orders in the manufacturing system
● Speed up the quotation process,sending budgets to customers by email.
The architecture of the system consists of two subsystems:
1. A native mobile application running on Android and iOS platforms, to manage, control and track orders. The application is designed to work offline, and synchronize when connected to WiFi Network.
2. A web based application to manage basic system data, such as : users and permissions, items, products, articles, distributors, among other data as well as to visualize reports or dashboards with indicators of the process.
The solution was deployed successfully in production environment integrated with the management ERP. The company has not have errors in the order processing executed by this channel.